From common household items to more extravagant signs of wealth, artifacts recovered from shipwrecks give us an idea of what everyday life was like.
Everyday items on display at the museum include:
- Elegantly carved cane handles
- A handmade tortoise shell comb
- Ceramic smoking pipe from the “Blue China” site
- Personal care items found on the SS Republic including a footbath, ladies headband, and toothbrushes
- Leather Shoe from the SS Republic
- Children’s toys such as a chess set, tea set, and dominoes.
- An authentic peg leg from the pirate era
- “Ancient Tupperware” exhibit featuring the oldest artifact in the museum, a Roman fish sauce jar from 30 B.C.